Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Decision time

Just a quick note to Ontario readers to remind them to get out and vote today.

It's often said that in investing, you're better off to ignore emotions and trust your head.

But I'm urging you today to get out there and vote with your heart. Vote for the party who most represents the kind of place you want to live in. Canadian Capitalist took some unwarranted heat recently for taking a political side in this election, so I'm not going to do that -- not that it should influence your own views even if I did. I don't care who you vote for, as long as you do it. And while you're in that booth (or preferably before!) consider how you want democracy to play out in this province, and vote accordingly in the MMP referendum.

I know people are pretty politically cynical these days, but despite ample evidence to the contrary, it does matter. And it's a privilege, not a right.

Vote.

No comments: