Thursday, November 01, 2007

Net worth update

You just never know. After a few months of mediocre progress, my net worth jumped an impressive 4% last month, and I barely noticed.

Just goes to show what an automatic savings program and a little luck in the stock markets can do for you.

I'm now at more than $36,500, a little bit off my ambitious end-of-year goal of $40,000 by the end of 2007. I didn't think I had a hope of making it, but two more months like this past one and I just might. if I don't, I was swinging for the fences anyway.

I'll be making my second (and final) RRSP purchase of the year in the next few days. I had planned on diversifying more into U.S. equities, but given the worsening subprime crisis down there, coupled by the undeserved hammering Canadian banks have taken of late, as of this moment I'm leaning toward doubling down on BMO when the cash clears into my account. I'm sure my mind will change in 20 minutes though.

I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done - I enjoy reading about people's net worth increases - thanks for the openness.